Ms Helen Preston
What do students study?
Business Studies provides students with a unique insight into the world of work. Through its study, students discover how businesses operate and learn about their structure and essential business functions.
The course offers an excellent foundation for those wishing to pursue careers in management, marketing, project management, business accounting, management consultancy, human resources, and business journalism, as well as those interested in continuing with further studies.
Students who choose to study Business Studies GCSE will study:
- Starting a new business
- Recruitment & training
- Employee motivation
- Business expansion
How are students assessed?
The examination board is AQA.
Students are required to complete a controlled assessment worth 25% of the GCSE in which they investigate a real issue within a small local business. They are also required to sit two one hour written exams at the end of Year 11, which make up the remaining 75% of the final mark.
Contact Ms Helen Preston for further information: