Sidmouth College Association SCA
What is the Sidmouth College Association?
Welcome to the Sidmouth College Association (Formerly PTFA) (Registered Charity number 279715 )
The SCA offers all parents the chance to:
- work in partnership with the College
- meet staff and other parents socially
- discuss College policies and matters of interest to parents
- help raise funds for the College
We organise a number of fundraising activities involving parents, staff and students throughout the year, such as Car Boot Sales, Craft Fairs and the popular Quiz Night. We have also been involved in community events such as the Rotary Community Raffle and the Sid Vale Athletic Fair.
What are SCA funds used for?
Examples of projects we have supported in recent years include refurbishment of the Sixth Form Common Room, contribution to the Byes/College cycle path, and provision of seating and shelter in the College grounds. Other items paid for by the SCA have included:
- a dual-purpose long jump/triple jump pit
- a gas BBQ
- a Sidmouth College team sports kit
- cool-boxes for the Ten Tors team
- dictaphones for Modern Languages, and
- a fiction book for every Year 7 student
We are also responsible for managing the ‘Weston Fund’, an ecological initiative scheme and support many smaller projects around the College.
You are very welcome to come along to any of our meetings or forward any fundraising ideas/propositions of how the SCA can help the College to the Chairman. Contact Dominick Horrell or email him for more information at: