WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
COURSE CONTENT & ASSESSMENT DETAILS
Component 1: Investigating Geographical Issues
Theme 1: CHANGING PLACES - CHANGING ECONOMIES
· Population, Settlement and Development
Theme 2: CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
· Coasts, Rivers, Weather and their management
· Climate Change - cause and effect
Theme 3: ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGES
· Ecosystems and Desertification?
· Water Resources and Management
Component 2: Problem Solving Geography
· A problem solving paper in three parts assessing content from the 3 themes in Component 1.
Component 3: Applied Fieldwork Enquiry
· Students will undertake two fieldwork enquiries, each in a contrasting environment:
· 3 x written exams
WHAT CAN THIS COURSE LEAD TO POST 16?
A Level Geography, Environment Studies, Travel & Tourism and complement a range of courses through developing analytical, research and a variety of transferable skills.
FOR WHAT CAREERS WILL THIS COURSE BE USEFUL?
Hazard Prediction & Disaster
Construction or Property Lawyer
Urban Regeneration Officer
Environmental Health Officer
Contact Mrs J Gill, Head of Geography for further information: