September Reopening 2020
See below information for parents and students in relation to the the reopening of Sidmouth College in September 2020.
Important Video Clips to Explain the Changes for September
Click on the video links below to watch a series of information videos about the reopening of Sidmouth College from September 2020.
Arrival/departure, tutor and lunchtime
What to do if you are unwell
Feedback in lessons
Information for Students
New One Way Route Around the College
New School Timings
Year 7 Cohort September 2020
First day for Year 7 students
- On 7th September we look forward to welcoming students in Year 7. Students will remain with the friends that they were allocated for vertical tutor groups but from September in line with guidance, we will have year 7 only tutor groups. Houses and colours will remain unchanged.
- On their first day Year 7 will have an induction day. During this time they will meet their tutors and Heads of House along with all other staff at the College. We will begin with registration in the hall. Students should come to the hall for 8.35. There will be plenty of staff to guide students and greet them at the front gate. Parents should not come onto site please.
- Students should bring a pair of trainers in a bag on 7th September. Students will NOT need the rest of their PE kit on the first day and should be in full school uniform.
- On their first day all students will be provided a free lunch in the Restaurant. However if they would prefer to bring a packed lunch they may do so.
- This first day is an exciting opportunity for students to find their way around the college and meet new friends. We know some students may be nervous and we have carefully planned the day to help students to familiarise themselves with the College routines and structures.
In March we sent out a family handbook, we suggest you take some time to read through this information to help your son/daughter to prepare. (Please note for September times of the day are different from this booklet due to Covid arrangements to stager student groups)
We look forward to welcoming your son/daughter on Monday 7th. If you have any specific questions relating to your child’s admission please contact Jen Carr Assistant Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Parents
Letters to Parents
|File Size:||42 kb|
Support Resources for Parents and Students